Friday, September 19, 2008

The Tooth


It is becoming more and more evident that we have a rough and tough little boy. Today Adam got the call that Noah had had an accident at daycare. He had hit his head on his crib and knocked his top tooth loose. He was bleeding pretty badly and very upset. By the time Adam got there though he was sleeping soundly. Not wanting to wake him up Adam consulted the pediatrician and dentist. When Noah woke up I went and got him and took him to the pediatric dentist. These next two weeks we are to limit Noah to soft foods only and try to keep things out of his mouth. The dentist laughed as he told me that, he has a ten month old at home and knew that request was virtually impossible to complete. If the tooth is still loose in two weeks they will have to remove it. So please pray for it to reset on its own!!! I was thankful to have been home sick from work. And even though I needed a day to get better I was glad to be able to be the one to take him to the doctor for once. I was also once again reminded of what an amazing husband I have. He reacted to crisis calmly and before I even knew about it he had it under control. But I am considering making Noah live in a bubble or least wrapping him up in bubble wrap!

4 comments:

Beth Goff said...

I am SO Sorry!! I will pray!! I agree with the bubble wrap. I have tried with my kids but it does not work! :)

When Karoline was like 14 months old I was giving her a bath...I usually don't do bath time so I was not used to her wiggling so much in the bath. I was bathing her and she fell and chipped her front tooth. I felt HORRIBLE and TJ has never let me forget it! :) I didn't give another bath for a LONG time!

Hope yall have a great weekend... I guess we all will if Auburn wins!

Jana said...

:( Poor Noah!! I'm not surprised that Adam stayed cool and collected throughout the whole ordeal. Glad that everything appears to be good - we'll pray that his tooth does reset!

Micah had a bad day on Wed. - he fell twice w/in 20 mins . . . bumped the back of his head and just under his eye (another bruise!). *sigh. I think this is going to be our life for the next 18 yrs!! ;) Welcome to parenting boys!

Sally said...

Oh, poor boy! Sounds like he and Daddy handled it like champs, though. I'm so scared for those phone calls and bumps and bruises. Lil Major is already so active -- I'm so scared!

I'll pray that Noah's tooth sets back into place.

Laura said...

tough and gorgeous...that is a dangerous combination